Now that Season 3 is soon coming to a close, we’ll begin reading the third book of the Song of Ice and Fire book series entitled “A Storm of Swords”. There are some things to note about this read as compared to last year. The podcast reviewing the books will be released on Thursdays, beginning the first week of July.
- There will be NO spoiler free versions of the podcast in relevance to the TV series. Only one podcast will be released each week which covers the contents of the book, whether that spoils aspects of the TV show or not. Sorry. I just won’t have the time this summer to edit the podcast twice. I understand if you need to unsubscribe based on that reason.
- We will be covering the ENTIRE book. Dave and Dan have stated that they’ve split book 3 into 2 seasons, but given how there is no direct percentage correlation of the book covered in this third season, we will be covering the whole book. Again, I understand if this gives you grounds to unsubscribe to the podcast for a while (until we finish reading the book – then hopefully you will come back to the podcast for our Season 2 rewatch)
We will have the book podcasts live at talkshoe.com (like we did last year) on Monday nights at the same time and place as we did the Fan Call In Shows (9:45pm Eastern) starting on July 1st. I will take a limited number of guests for each podcast so e-mail me if you are interested in participating in the panel discussions regarding the book. We will cover four chapters a week until the book is completed.
- July 1st, 2013 – Prologue, Jamie I, Catelyn I, Arya I
- July 8th, 2013 – Tyrion I, Davos I, Sansa I, Jon I
- July 15th, 2013 – Daenerys I, Bran I, Davos II, Jamie II
- July 22nd, 2013 – Tyrion II, Arya II, Catelyn II, Jon II
- July 29th, 2013 – Sansa II, Arya III, Samwell I, Tyrion III
- August 5th, 2013 – Catelyn III, Jamie III, Arya IV, Daenerys II
- August 12th, 2013 – Bran II, Davos III, Jon III, Daenerys III
- August 19th, 2013 – Sansa III, Arya V, Jon IV, Jamie IV
- August 26th, 2013 – Tyrion IV, Samwell II, Arya VI, Catelyn IV
- September 2nd, 2013 – Davos IV, Jamie V, Tyrion V, Arya VII
- September 9th, 2013 – Bran III, Jon V, Daenerys IV, Arya VIII
- September 16th, 2013 – Jamie VI, Catelyn V, Samwell III, Arya IX
- September 23rd, 2013 – Jon VI, Catelyn VI, Arya X, Catelyn VII
- September 30th, 2013 – Arya XI, Tyrion VI, Davos V, Jon VII
- October 7th, 2013 – Bran IV, Daenerys V, Tyrion VII, Sansa IV
- October 14th, 2013 – Tyrion VIII, Sansa V, Jamie VII, Davos VI
- October 21st, 2013 – Jon VIII, Arya XII, Tyrion IX, Jamie VIII
- October 28th, 2013 – Sansa VI, Jon IX, Tyrion X, Daenerys VI
- November 4th, 2013 – Jamie IX, Jon X, Arya XIII, Samwell IV
- November 11th, 2013 – Jon XI, Tyrion XI, Samwell V, Jon XII
- November 18th, 2013 – Sansa VII, Epilogue, Final Book Thoughts
It’s a long schedule, but it will help pass the time during the long hiatus. Hope you will join us in reading the book!
After that we will conduct a re-watch of Season 2 (complete with Game of Drones recaps) watching from the perspective that we’ve seen Season 3 of the HBO show.
3 thoughts on ““A Storm of Swords” is Coming…”
I can’t wait to join in this book read-a-long! I promise that, at least during the end of July and all of August (my summer break), I’ll send in some emails on my thoughts. Anyway, thanks for the great show during this fabulous season, Matt!
Just finished the book (I kinda read along with the season) and I can’t wait till the podcast start love listening to all the different opinions !
Dara G (Weaf_L on talkshoe)
I’ll be ready to play along 😉
Comments are closed.